How we will keep our Camp Community Safe this summer
Ensuring a safe and healthy summer will require a strong partnership among all of us.
As always, our top priority is to keep our campers, families, and staff safe. In light of our current reality, we have reviewed and updated our medical protocols and practices using recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), North Carolina State Department of Health and Human Services, American Camp Association (ACA), Pamlico County Health Department, and with guidance from our Camp Medical Advisory Committee.
In our commitment to the health and protection of our families and staff, we will continue to monitor guidance from the CDC and other state health agencies. We recognize that recommendations and guidelines will change and commit to updating our programming and protocols accordingly.
Overview of our General Protocols
- Our 2020 medical protocols have been designed using the CDC/ACA field guide guidelines, NC State Health and Human Services guidelines, and guidance from our Medical Advisory Committee
- Our health center will be staffed by nurses and pediatric & internal medicine doctors who are experienced in assessing COVID -19 symptoms in children
- We are in partnership with Coastal Carolina Health Care to offer telemedicine as an additional support/resource
- We have all necessary PPE supplies including N95 masks, gowns and shields for our medical staff
- We have designed our programs in response to the State and CDC’s social distancing, small group cohorts, and cleanliness and sanitation requirements
- We will not offer any special transportation including to and from airports or charter buses
- We will have a staggered check-in for opening day and ask parents to not enter their camper’s cabin
- Masks (or neck buffs) will be worn by staff when social distancing isn’t possible (ex: zipline)
- All campers and family campers will be given a neck buff to wear
Specific Program Medical Protocols and Practices
If you have any additional questions or would like more information, please contact us.